The Alderney Gambling Control Commission is more known as the AGCC. Established in 2000, it is one of the most high-profile online gambling jurisdictions. It is also considered among the most authoritative ones. The AGCC ensures a high level of security and reliability by working hand in hand with law enforcement agencies. It keeps up with the developing industry with its constant transformation. It already renewed and changed gambling jurisdictions several times. AGCC strives to meet the world’s online business requirements.
Types of license
There are two categories for the Alderney Commission license.
The first category is for operators working directly with clients.
The second category is for operators signing contracts with various providers. These providers offer casino online games and software.
Getting a license from the AGCC is a bit complicated and takes a lot of time. The application stage is as follows:
- Registration of the company in Alderney.
- Submission of the application form and documentation.
- Payment of £10,000 for the initial investigation deposit.
- Meeting with authorities.
- explanation of business plan
- presentation of potential business, executive associates, and corporate entities
The operator will receive a license if the application is successful. The AGCC still needs to approve several things before the casino starts operation:
- internal control system;
- gambling equipment; and
- capitalization status.
Costs and taxation
The license is valid for only 1 year. The corporation tax rate is 0% and there is no extra gaming tax. The fees depend on the license type.
- Annual gambling business association fee
£3,000 per gambling business associate
- First B2C license in Alderney
- Application for another B2C license
- B2C license renewal with NGY less than £500,000
- B2C license renewal with NGY £500,000-£1m
- B2C license renewal with NGY £1-5m
- B2C license renewal with NGY £5-7.5m
- B2C license renewal with NGY £7.5-20m
- B2C license renewal with NGY £20-30m
- B2C license renewal with NGY over £30m
Although it is not easy to get a license from the AGCC, it provides a lot of opportunities for operators. Players feel more confident in the platform because the Commission protects consumer rights. An online casino with an AGCC license is usually considered an honest and prestigious legal business. There are several ready solutions to help operators in getting a gaming license. Help with legal issues and document preparation will make the process easier.